Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Winner


I know I am not much of a poet, or a writer. If I was to put myself into a category maybe I would call myself a thinker, not because I am good at it, simply because it requires the least effort. All the years of education have given me ample training in shutting my brain to what is happening around me and putting on the day dreaming cap (I prefer calling it the thinking cap strictly for self upliftment purposes).  Anyway I am writing this little piece as a disclaimer/warning to the weak of heart, and little kids, to tread with extreme caution hereafter. Amen to that and peace to the affected souls.

Okay here goes..



The darkest hour comes before dawn,
It is then that your heart is torn,
and all you wanna do is be alone,
              But that, friends, is a loser's view,
              Winners look the storm in the eye,
              And all they do,
              Is be strong, and to be true-
              To their abilities and push through,
Life, they say is a test so tough,
that eventually everyone breaks up,
But that again, is what losers say,
The winner takes it tough,
And ends up on top,
and it never is enough
To break him or make him stop-
And wins- because he did it his way--- the long hard way  


When the going gets tough- the TOUGH get going

1 comment:

  1. Winners look the storm in the eye,
    And all they do,
    Is be strong, and to be true-
    To their abilities and push through...

    Excellent, uplifting message. Loved the poem.

    ReplyDelete